So, yesterday was the end and the beginning all at the same time. We ended our food labs with sauteing...I have now experienced it all and that should make my next move easier right? wrong. Dead wrong. But enough with my constant complaints of feeling like I am in a major crossroad. You are turning to me for cooking advice so here ya go!
The point of saute is to cook things fast in a little bit of fat at medium high temperatures. The funny thing about going through class is that we have never actually cooked anything on high heat. So yesterday we made zucchini provencale style, mushrooms, potato lyonaisse, trout muenire (I think that's how you spell it) and simple sauteed chicken breast. Again, if you want the recipe just let me know. They were all delicious easy to make and if you are fearless you will even be able to cook them the right way (tossing them without spoon, spatula, or tongs) the vegetables that is...you need to be give TLC to fish and meat when sauteing they are so fragile. This weeks lab really doesn't lend itself to lots of tips and tricks, everyone basically sautes everyday just remember to never over crowd the pan, its okay to cook things in stages. You basically steam when you over crowd the pan (hence why the zucchini won't brown family of mine) and if your pan isn't hot enough you will steam whatever you put in there (hence why the food takes forever to cook). Keep this in mind everyone saute should be quick. Don't over complicate things the simplest food sometimes has the fewest ingredients. This is a major lesson I have learned this semester. Simple = Deliciousness! Thanks for the feedback and comments and we will see where I am this Fall when I start back up on this blog...until then!
No comments:
Post a Comment